WorkSkillsThe WorkSkills Program is a 20 week training program for Immigrants that helps to develop the necessary workplace skills needed to find employment.
· Career Planning & Essential Skills - 1 week - Assess your essential skills and plan a career path.
· Language Training - 4 weeks - Learn workplace vocabulary, practice pronunciation, and brush up all the language skills needed in the workplace.
· Customer Service Skills Enhancement - 8 weeks - Learn how to interact within a Canadian workplace, practice computer literacy skills, complete Microsoft Office modules, and obtain your First Aid and WHMIS. You also complete essential skill modules that enhance the specific skills that you will need for your occupation.
· Employment Preparation - 1 week - Learn how write resumes and cover letters, practice their interview skills, and learn job searching strategies.
· Work Experience Placement - 4 weeks - Use your newly acquired skills in a workplace.
· Supported Job Search - 2 weeks - Have help and support while looking for work.
- Document use
- Oral communication
- Working with others
- Digital use
- Continuous learning
Through the program you will improve your essential skills and gain the confidence required to interact with customers and coworkers in any occupation.