Full-Time ESL Program
(English as a Second Language)
The curriculum for this program includes the continuous development of four competency areas for the enhancement of Canadian Language Benchmarks:
Pronunciation and grammar exercises will be integrated with a focus on workplace essential skills and topics including: workplace culture, effective workplace communication, rights and responsibilities of employer/employee and workplace safety practices.
Other essential skill areas include document use and computer literacy will also be built upon throughout training. Learners will have the chance to participate in work exposure in each CLB level and a three week experience will be included upon completion of the program to assist with entrance into employment and further training. The desired outcome for this training program is increased English language proficiency, as well as successful entrance into either further employment related training or the attainment and maintenance of gainful, sustainable employment.
- New class starts every Monday
- Classes run from Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm
- Canadian English Language Benchmark (CLB) Levels 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- Workplace ESL training in listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Work Exposure and Work Experience
- Increase computer literacy
- Job search and placement support
Weekly intakes start Monday May 9, 2016